Monday 15 July 2013

Map My Walk!!

Well.. I went to Strumpy today and walked through the woods, upto the pump house, along the river yare, along sandy walk and back to reception hide for hot chocolate and flapjack!! Hot choc on a day that is 28• yea I know but hey, it quenched my thirst more than orange juice would!!
I use an APP on my iPhone called Map My Walk and it records how far you walk, the terrain and gradient and stride of the walk, I love it, except today it stopped working after a third of a mile!! I actually walked 2.5 miles!! 
I didn't see too many birds - marsh harriers, willow warbler, baby wren, gulls, pigeons, sedge warbler and swans. However, there was an abundance of butterflies and dragonflies!! Small Black Veined White, Small Tortoiseshell, Ringlet, Speckled Wood, Small Skipper and Wood Brown. The highlight was finding a swallowtail along the river!!! 
& a huge grass snake that slithered across the path in the woods!! It was at least 5 foot long!! 
Then I headed to my pal Tracy's and we got a few bits of furniture from storage and negotiated a cracking deal saving £80 a month, woo..
Now off to watch Panorama about how our Military ignores the mental welfare of serving guys and gals, and veterans :-( 

No comments:

Post a Comment